At 20th level, the alchemist makes a grand discovery. He immediately learns two normal discoveries, but also learns a grand discovery, representing a truly astounding alchemical breakthrough of significant import. For many alchemists, the promise of one of these grand discoveries is the primary goal of their experiments and hard work.
Grand Discovery Information
- This ability can only be achieved upon reaching level 20.
- Once this ability is achieved, automatically incorporates 2 normal discoveries
Grand Discovery Possible Selections
When an Alchemist reaches level 20, he can choose one of the following three options as a Grand Discovery:
- The alchemist's constant exposure to strange chemicals has expanded his mind. His Intelligence score permanently increases by 2 points.
- The alchemist's flesh responds to damage with shocking speed - he gains fast healing 5.
- The alchemist's mutagen now grants a +8 natural armor bonus to AC and a +8 alchemical bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution. The alchemist takes a -2 penalty to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma as long as the mutagen persists.
Grand Discovery Tips & Notes