Cast Time: ?? sec
Flare Burst is a spell in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Flare Burst Information
Flare Burst is an area of effect version of the level 0 cantrip Flare.
Flare Burst shares a 10m range with Flare and has an area of effect with a radius of 10 feet.
Flare causes the target to become dazzled (-1 to attack and sight based perception rolls) for 1 minute if the target fails a fortitude save.
Flare Burst Tips & Notes
- While Flare Burst does not debilitate enemies as much as other spells of the same level it lasts for a relatively long time.
- Unfortunately because Flare Burst uses a fortitude save it is less likely to affect targets that would be prime candidates for the effect, enemies that have enough constitution to stay alive for the full duration and close range fighters that tend to group up.
- Dazzled is less useful when applied to spell casters because they only use attack rolls for a portion of their spells.
- Casting Flare Burst benefits a friendly rogue by letting him make use of the perception penalty to help sneak up on enemies and the attack
- penalty to extend his life after he breaks stealth.
- Learning and casting other level 1 spells are probably better in most cases.